Check the details of all your insurance cover before you leave.

Personal Cover

Remember that most travel insurance policies have a limit of £200/£250 on individual items. Your home contents policy will normally cover you for valuables and expensive camping equipment. All sites have a valuables deposit box at reception. It is essential that you take out a personal insurance policy to cover you for any unforseen circumstances such as cancellation, travel delays and most especially hospitalisation benefits that are not fully covered by the EHIC. An air ambulance can cost as much as £5,000.

Personal Insurance cover can be arranged by Voyager Travel Insurance.

If you have chronic illness or are elderly contact Able to Travel…a caring and sensitive travel insurance solution for all travellers whatever their age or medical condition.

If you want to help offset your carbon footprint contact Responsible Travel Insurance

Vehicle Recovery Insurance

Car and caravan/trailer breakdown insurance is also essential.
Contact Green Flag, The AA, The Caravan Club, The Camping and CaravanClub or Voyager Travel Insurance

Combined Vehicle Recovery and Personal Insurance.

The Green Card

This is still highly recommended although no longer obligatory for those travelling in EC countries. Unfortunately some British insurers only give minimum third party cover abroad, unless you take it out. It is rarely printed on a card and isn’t usually green.

Camping Carnet

Although this is not essential, we strongly recommend that you take one with you, as it is another document giving proof of identity and can be left at the site reception instead of your passport. A carnet is also proof of third party liability insurance cover. Carnets are issued by the Caravan Club.